My sleep report for last night
My psychiatrist told me that getting good quality sleep was going to be very important for managing my mood, and that my lamictal can interfere with my sleeping. I just downloaded the Sleep Cycle app for my iPhone, which monitors your movements during sleep to determine your cycles into deep sleep and the overall quality of sleep that you’re getting.
It will develop graphs over time, and you can add categories like “did yoga before bed” or “took a melatonin supplement” to the Sleep Notes category and use a graph to compare the sleep you get with and without those conditions. You can also chart your mood when you wake up.
It will also keep track over time of how much sleep you’re getting per night, and seeing changes in your sleep pattern can be a cue that you might be cycling into hypomania or depression.
The alarm function is pretty cool too. You give it a range of time in which it can wake you up— from like 10-30 mins, and it will wake you up at the most gentle part of your sleep cycle at some point during that period.
Tags: #personal #sleep #insomina #bipolar #mania #depression #eating disorders #anorexia #bulimia #ednos #ed #anorexiarecovery #edrecovery #ednosrecovery #bulimiarecovery #recovery #mental health #apps #mental illness #sleep cycle #resources
- justlivingmylifeasmyown likes this
- yoadrianxxid reblogged this from anatomy-of-recovery
- yoadrianxxid likes this
- fuckiq reblogged this from thelimetree
- mygreatestexpectations likes this
- andyfuckinghurley likes this
- permanenting likes this
- thinisthegame likes this
- sophieepearson likes this
- she-fakes-it-oh-so-well likes this
- luxleytherabbit likes this
- aut-vincere--aut-mori likes this
- that-flash-bastard reblogged this from thelimetree and added:
- shelookedlikejuliet likes this
- show-me-stars likes this
- leshug likes this
- obligatory-regal-name said: It’s my favorite alarm app ahhh
- magickal-mermaid likes this
- swellshark likes this
- existentialshadow likes this
- quietfernwithaspace likes this
- we-wa likes this
- thelimetree reblogged this from anatomy-of-recovery
- thelimetree likes this
- the-consequence-of-sound likes this
- melissquirtle likes this
- renewingkaitlyn likes this
- auburnvalkyrie reblogged this from anatomy-of-recovery and added:
- flipped-over reblogged this from anatomy-of-recovery
- the-scaleis-justa-number likes this
- the-scaleis-justa-number said: WHAT. I NEED THIS. Where did you get this!?
- neonelephantintheroom likes this
- itwaslightcreamcheese reblogged this from anatomy-of-recovery
- scone-princess likes this
- mischiefmicromanaged likes this
- killjoyfeminist likes this
- tigerology reblogged this from anatomy-of-recovery
- tigerology likes this
- exhausted-soul likes this
- nenas0high likes this
- wintersknife said: i use something similar.. if you have the ability to set your own ringtone to awaken to i recommend tibetan bells, they’re wonderful in the morning.
- wintersknife likes this
- anatomy-of-recovery posted this